(via the Illinois Federation of Teachers)
View the complete list of credentialed delegates and alternates here. (This list of credentialed delegates was also received by the deadline but not included in the original report.)
With the 2019 Convention set to begin on October 18, IFT members should be aware of some important rules and procedures regarding delegate and alternate credentialing.
Credential challenge procedure
All challenges to the credentials of delegates and alternate delegates to the 2019 IFT Convention shall be adjudicated as follows:
1. Pursuant to Article VIII, Section 3 of the IFT Constitution, all delegates’ and alternate delegates’ credentials as indicated on the Election Certification Report (ECR) must be submitted to the credentials committee 14 days prior to the beginning date of the convention. Such credentials must therefore be submitted and received prior to 5:00 p.m. CST on Saturday, October 5, 2019. The completed ECR should be addressed to the IFT credentials committee. The e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The credentials so submitted, the names of all delegates and alternate delegates with their ranking shall be posted by local number on the IFT website, ift-aft.org, no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on Monday, October 7, 2019. View the complete list here, as well as this additional list, which was received by the deadline but not included in the original report.
3. Any challenge to the credentials of any delegate or alternate delegate must be submitted to and received by the credentials committee no later than 5:00 p.m. CST, Friday, October 11, 2019. The challenges should be addressed to David Richmond, staff liaison to the credentials committee, and may be submitted only by mail, e-mail, or personal delivery. The mailing address is 500 Oakmont Lane, Westmont, IL 60559 and the e-mail address is email@example.com. The challenge must state the name(s) of the delegate(s) and/or alternate delegate(s) being challenged and the basis for each such challenge. All supporting material for the challenge(s) must be submitted with the challenge.
4. Challenged delegates and alternates shall receive notice of the challenge, including the name(s) of the challenger(s), the basis for the challenge, and copies of all supporting documentation.
5. The credentials committee will hear properly submitted challenges on Friday, October 18, 2019, at the convention hotel commencing at 2:00 p.m. CST. The place and approximate schedule shall be available at the hotel. Challenger(s), challenged delegate(s), alternate delegate(s) and their witnesses may appear at that time and place. If there are multiple challenges to the same delegate(s) and/or alternate delegate(s), the challengers shall designate one person to represent them. If multiple delegate(s) and/or alternate delegate(s) are subject to the same challenge, the challenged delegate(s) and/or alternate delegate(s) shall designate one person to represent them. An individual who is not a member of the IFT may not represent either the challenger(s) or challenged delegate(s) or alternate delegate(s).
Questions? Contact David Richmond at 217/352-4854 or firstname.lastname@example.org.